Email marketing may or may not get the attention, but there is no doubt that it is a terrific way to convert more prospects and generate leads for your business. Here are some best practices for email marketing that you can use for your business to generate more leads.
Email Marketing Assuring Lead Generation
· Follow 3 Typefaces: This assures less clutter in the email and will have more positive conversions. Keep fewer to 3 typefaces, so that your email is not any junk.
· Include Incentives: In the subject line include incentives to increase open rates to 50%. The incentives you offer should have real value such as you may offer free shipping on spending $25 and more. The subject lines should have incentive focused addressing that it should not miss viewers eye.
· Crisp message: Ensure to keep the main message clear and crisp calling to action. The call to action should be apparent so that recipients truly see it and it may be repeated throughout the email for at least 3 or 4 times.
· Wider pixels: Going wider with pixels is best, so that they get to read it in a readable way. But, ensure that you do not go over 650 pixels or else your users have to read the message taking a horizontal scroll and that is a strict no.
· Place your logo: A common practice is that people look for logo instinctively to the upper left side of the email and so placing your logo to the left hand upper side ensured most visibility.
· Gripping subject lines: Good subject lines must not be more than 30 to 50 characters. Short and sweet should be practiced such that it creates urgency for the readers and also gives them an indication about what should be expected on opening the mail. This anticipation is important for your email to get lead generation.
· Use Auto-responders: Using an auto-responder is very helpful as it will remind people about your email database that they opted. Once the person registers, your auto-responder should be sent once in a day, keeping a distance of 5 or 10 days. Each email of auto-responder should include bonus material or content rewarding the reader for registering in with you.
· Bind emails to landing pages: The email should match the landing page with respect to headline, content and copy. The feel and look of your landing page must meet the requirements of the email. Ascertain to use tracking tools and see the landing pages or email that receives proper response and is performing the best.
· Hold a second test: As a test, send the email to your close friend and check if the call to action has some pull and ask them to tell what your call to action is informing. If they are unable to tell, keep working and create a new test.
There are new tools getting good attention these days. Bear in mind always that the old tools are faithful and reliable to get most of the marketing initiatives.