The biggest mistake that internet marketers make when starting their online business is not building a list. Using an opt in list is a very profitable way to increase your online business since it gives you a pool of customers who are already interested in your product and what you have to say. If you solve a problem that your customer has, you have a customer for life. It is only by list building that you can strengthen the rapport and develop a relationship with your subscriber. The following tips will strengthen your opt in results.
1. Display your opt in list prominently at the top of your website page. The right side is more effective than the left since the majority of people are right handed.
2. A great list building page has a killer headline! As an internet marketer, you have 7- 30 seconds to create a great impression. Otherwise, the customer moves on to another page to find what they are looking for. 8 out of 10 people will read headline copy, but only 2 out of 10 will read the rest of the page. Spend 50 percent of your time creating the headline.
3. Place a graphic image on your opt in page with 3-5 bullet points that offer benefits to the future subscriber. Customers want to know what is in it for them. Point out what they get for opting in.
4. Offer something for free! Getting the newsletter for free is commonplace. Subscribers want more. Offer a free report or entry into a contest. The newsletter is an expectation, the free report or contest entry are not.
5. Protect yourself. After the subscriber opts in, always send a confirmation email. They must click the link and respond that "yes" they did choose to subscribe to your offer. This will prevent the majority of spamming issues and keep you out of trouble in the long run. It also lets you know that the subscriber is truly interested in what you have to offer.
Follow these tips to strengthen opt in results. Respond to subscribers genuinely and offer solutions to their problems. This will keep your list strong and profitable.